Investment Opportunities in Biotechnology
World’s largest producer of recombinant Hepatitis B vaccine
World’s largest producer of BT Cotton
World’s highest number of USFDA approved plants
Leader in the global supply of DPT, BCG and measles vaccines.
The Biotechnology industry in India comprises of 2700+ Biotech start-ups and it expects to grow up to 10,000 by the year 2024. There are more than 2500+ Biotech companies in India.
India has the highest number of US FDA approved plants outside of the US. In numbers – 665. 44% of global abbreviated new drug applications (ANDA) and over 1400 manufacturing plants compliant with WHO.
- By 2025, the Indian Biotechnology industry is expected to reach $150 bn
- By 2025, the contribution of the Indian biotechnology industry in the global biotechnology market is expected to grow to 19% from 3% in 2017
- 100% FDI is allowed under the automatic route for greenfield pharma.
- 100% FDI is allowed under the government route for brownfield pharma in upto 74% FDI is under automatic route and beyond 74% is under the government approval route.
Jul 23, 2020
Serum Institute of India, the world’s largest vaccine manufacturer by volume, has partnered with biopharmaceutical company AstraZeneca to manufacture the experimental COVID-19 vaccine developed by the University of Oxford.
Establishment of biotech parks
Office and plant space for investors and incubator
15 incubation centres funded by BIRAC
Host of instrumentation facilities and services
India is world’s leading supplier of affordable vaccines
Innovate in India (I3)
Industry academia collaboration for Bio-pharma development
Indian biotech startups
INR 2,125 Cr funding support committed till 15th May 2020, by BIRAC
HOW SM MANAGEMENT SERVICES WILL BE HELPFUL FOR YOU:
- Research Content Provided
- Policy Advisory/ Representation
- Stakeholder Meeting
- Site Visits
- Location Analysis
- Regulatory Clearance Facilitation
- Issue Resolution
For regular updates, you can visit our Twitter page: India Entry Services