Investment Opportunities in Medical Consumables Equipments And Devices
The Indian market is currently growing at a healthy CAGR of around 15%, significantly higher than the global industry growth of 4-6% 4. The Indian medical devices industry comprises four segments – consumables and implants, diagnostic imaging, instruments & appliances and patient aids and, others.
Medical devices industry in India has the potential to reach $50 bn by 2025
Medical devices are segregated into six major segments:
- Consumables & Disposables include needles and syringes, etc
- Diagnostic Imaging includes MRI, X-Ray, Ultrasounds, etc
- Dental Products includes dentures, braces, etc
- Orthopaedics & Prosthetics include knee implants, artificial joints
- Patient Aids include hearing aids and pacemakers, etc
- Around 65% of the manufacturers in India are mostly domestic players operating in the consumables segment and catering to local consumption with limited exports. Large Multinational Corporations lead the high technology end of the Medical Devices market with extensive service networks.
There are 750–800 domestic Medical Devices manufacturers in India, with an average investment of $2.3–2.7 mn and an average turnover of $6.2-6.9 mn.
The manufacturing is developing in its scale and geography: there are six Medical devices manufacturing “clusters” in the country.
Clusters have “Medical Device Parks” developing around them: states have committed to set-up dedicated industrial parks where efficient domestic manufacturing at lower costs. In 2019, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, and Kerala have got in-principle approval from Government of India for new medical devices parks.
HOW SM MANAGEMENT SERVICES WILL BE HELPFUL FOR YOU:
- Research Content Provided
- Policy Advisory/ Representation
- Stakeholder Meeting
- Site Visits
- Location Analysis
- Regulatory Clearance Facilitation
- Issue Resolution
For regular updates, you can visit our Twitter page: India Entry Services